First, on 24 November the Victorian Implementation Forum presented a day of innovations under the Victorian 2014-2018 Advance Care Planning (ACP) Strategy supporting health organisations state-wide. Departmentally funded projects supporting ACP implementation are producing exciting results, shedding new light on how ACP is approached with learnings for organisations nationally.
That evening, the National Conference Official Networking Event connected peers from right around Australia, including the 2015 Marion Seal Oration Award announcement.
On 25 November the National Conference offered:
- Morning Plenary – national experts leading views on “Strategy in Action - How can standards lead to better outcomes for our consumers?”;
- Afternoon Plenary – national experts considering “Driving Change to the Consumer - Opening doors that encourage consumer participation for better strategic outcomes”;
- 21 presenters from the field in six concurrent sessions exploring advance care planning and end of life care systems, community engagement, specific consumer education, specific population needs, professional education, acute settings, aged care and more;
- Special Closing Event - “Does Australian ACP Have 2020 Vision" - an interactive panel session exploring our collective 2020 Vision for Australian ACP;
- Across both days peer-reviewed posters on display from around Australia, with the chance to meet authors, make contacts and highlight work going on outside your area.
PRESENTATION CONTACT DETAILS
Please contact authors directly by the email address shown:
- National Conference Special Guest Speaker Bios
- National Conference Plenary Guest Speakers Contacts
- National Conference Concurrent Session Speakers Contacts and Abstracts
- National Conference Poster Program Author List
For information on Victorian Forum speakers, presentations and contact details please contact the Department of Health and Human Services direct.
Check the relevant program and speakers presenting here: